Potassium sulfate Application Frequency

Hi, My lawn soil test, #75E6F6, shows a potassium level of 38 ppm. Your recommendation is to apply 3.38 pds of potassium per 1,000 sq. ft, but no more than one pound per application. I plan to apply potassium sulfate to correct the problem. Two questions: 1) How long should I wait between applications of one pound per 1,000 sq. ft. to get the the recommended 3.38 lbs, a few days, a week, once a month? 2) Should I apply potassium sulfate every season to maintain the level of potassium in my soil? If so, how much?

Livingston County Michigan potassium

Normally, the fertilizer applications are spread out across the growing season, so you could do one pound now (or do .5 lb in July and .5 lb. in August) and then an application in September and October. Recommendations from a soil test are usually followed for 3 years and then it is recommended to get a new soil test to monitor changes.