1adult Bradford Pear tree dying!

I have a few Bradford Pear trees but 1 is thin and leaves look like fall has hit it's been this way right after spring went to summer. Want to know what it is and can I save it? Update in 2 days of rain the tree is looking even worse and leaves seems to be curling now.

Trigg County Kentucky tree health agriculture trigg county kentucky

Hi, It's hard to tell from the pictures, for sure what is going on. With tame pears, you always have a concern with fire blight, but if that is the case it will make the infected tips curl into what some folks call a shepherds crook. The second picture shows some leaf spots, but I don't think that is the real issue with your tree. a third option is that it is simply stress causing the color change and there really isn't a lot to be done about that. You can read an article on stresses and some of the problems that can cause at: http://www2.ca.uky.edu/anr/PDF/2009%20Callery%20Pear%20Problems.pdf . The stresses don't always have to be drought related, our weather patterns lately have been at best unpredictable, sometimes plants have a hard time dealing with that. If you'd like to send a few more pictures of the diseased parts I'll try to get you a better answer. We also can send a sample to the plant lab in Princeton if necessary to determine an exact cause. Give us a call at 270-522-3269 if you have any questions. We'll be glad to help any way we can. Thanks- Graham