Bulbs around an Ash Tree which needs to be taken down

I have an Ash tree infected with EAb that I need to take down. Surronding the base of the tree I've planted Daffodils, Tulips, Black-Eyed Susans and Coneflowers. Before tree service comes to cut down the tree and grind the stump, do I need to dig up the bulbs . I'm maininly concerned about the Tulips... The Daffodils could use some thinning anyway, and the others I suspect will come back with a vengeance :-) Thanks

Howard County Maryland

All of the bulbs and perennials will have to be dug and transplanted. They will be destroyed by the tree removal and stump grinding machine.

Usually bulbs are transplanted in the fall but you will have to do it now. The bulbs may not bloom the next season. You did not say how old the tulips are. Some only last a season or two unless they are a perennial type tulip. You will have to wait and see. Here is more information on bulbs http://extension.umd.edu/hgic/flowers/bulbs

Perennials - be sure to get as largae a root ball as possible and keep well watered throughout the growing season. Make sure mulch is no thicker than several inches and keep away from the base of the plants.

Thanks

That's what I suspected, but wanted to check

the Tulips are a couple of years old and ARE perennials, as they've gotten thicker with each passing year.

Thanks again