zuchinni leaves turning brown over night.

my zucchini looked great one day and the next most of the leaves on ONE of three plants turned brownish and brittle literally over night. I don't see any eggs or babies under the leaves, I don't see webbing or holes at the base of the stems. not sure whats doing this. Is this bacterial wilt?

Washington County Oregon

Thank you for contacting Ask an Expert in regards to your distressed zucchini plant. I must admit I am a bit perplexed as to what is damaging your plant. You have already given me information I would normally be asking you. To me, looking at the pictures it does look like Bacterial Wilt, however you did not list wilting as a symptom.

Anyway, I need you to do a few things. I am including a link to a general cucurbit Wilt information page for you to read and I am also linking another article. Firstly, I would like you to read the two-page attachment from Cornell University. Secondly, I would like you to perform a diagnostic test from a link to the University of Hawaii at Manoa. Thirdly, I would like you to email back to me with your results of this experiment.

If this is not Bacterial Wilt I will do further research and discuss possible culprits with my colleagues. Again, thank you for contacting Cooperative Extension Ask an Expert.