Hard berries on my raspberries

this year my berries are hard I thought they weren't growing right. I did a ph test this spring and was told I need to add lime to the soil which I did wonder if this caused this to happen

Klamath County Oregon

First of all, an incorrect soil pH would not lead to hard berries without seeing some major impacts on plant growth. You don't mention what your soil pH is. For raspberries is should be between about 5.6 and 6.5.
I also doubt that adding lime to the soil, regardless of soil pH would cause this symptom.
This year we are seeing some sunburning of berries (white drupelets or jamming on the plant and sometimes hard fruit); this was due to a rapid change in temperature during berry development. Perhaps this is the cause? Also, insufficient irrigation would affect fruit this way, but would also show water stress symptoms on the plants themselves.
Please refer to https://ir.library.oregonstate.edu/xmlui/bitstream/handle/1957/18936/ec1306.pdf for more information on growing raspberries.