What happen to my Hydrangeas, curly wrinkle leaf

Hi, pls let me know What happen to my Hydrangeas in this direct full sun in the afternoon. I water them every day, mostly twice per day, 1 at dawn and 1 before dark. Other than that, I only trim those dead branches, but never cut them down to the ground in Fall/Winter. Those Hydrangeas have been here since I moved to the house 3 yrs ago. I saw very few flowers in the 1st year, that's it. I definitely will redo this area, i.e. soil amendments / enhancement and planting something. Pls let me know how to save these unhealthy Hydrangeas. I also planted many other Hydrangeas in my garden, and all of them are healthy and have lots of beautiful flowers. Thanks in advance.

Montgomery County Maryland leaf spots hydrangeas scorch shrub

We viewed your photos and see some leaf spot and scorch. Leaf spot can be common on hydrangeas and no control is necessary. The hydrangeas do not seem happy in this site. The scorch can be due to hot afternoon sun or possible cold damage in the bud. We had several late spring cold snaps that can cause this. They grow best in dappled shade, morning sun and afternoon shade in a moist well drained soil with organic matter.

At this point, there is not much you can do other than keep well watered during dry periods. You can put down some compost around the base of the plant. Make sure mulch is no thicker than several inches and keep away from the base of the plants. Monitor the growth this season. You may decide to transplant, and select another species of plant for this site.