Yellowing leaves on butterfly bush
Thank you for attaching the images of your butterfly bush. I suspect the damage is environmental rather than from insects or disease.
I see what appears to be sunburn (the dark brown areas in IMG 2515). The generalized yellowing in the leaves may be due to a water shortage and superficial leaf damage from sunlight.
To be more certain of what has occurred, it would be helpful to send me 2 more images: (1) the entire plant and its surroundings; and (2) a somewhat closer image with the plant plus its container.
Also, please answer the following questions:
- How was the plant transported to your home? In a passenger vehicle, pickup truck, or?
- How long have you had the plant?
- How much sunlight does the plant receive each day?
- How often do you water it?
- And how much water do you give it each time?
I look forward to receiving your images and answers.