Name the snake

I work in a petstore and we received this snake and it was said to be a ball python but his markings are completely off compared to other ball pythons I have come across, maybe is a different breed or maybe some type of boa? I'm really not sure. Please help! Thank you

Broward County Florida ball python ball python morphs

Thank you for your question. This is definitely a ball python (Python regius). It's one of the seemingly endless color morphs that breeders are producing. I'm not sure of the name of this particular morph, so I forwarded your photographs to an authority on pythons to see if they are familiar with it.

I'll be back in touch as soon as I hear from them.

Jim

Hello again. I heard from the contact to whom I sent your photos. They confirm that your snake is a ball python, and the morph name is "pinstripe". Here's a link to a website called the World of Ball Pythons that has an extensive list of morphs, along with a photographic example of each one:

http://www.worldofballpythons.com/morphs/?

Hope this answers your question, and thank you for contacting Ask an Expert.

Jim