Foliage deformed

The foliage looks like a tight little brush rather than the normally wispy, open shape.

Eaton County Michigan asparagus

Greetings. Many things may affect foliage in this manner but we need to know the plant we are dealing with. Perhaps a rose? If you can upload a photo, that would be the first place to start. Otherwise, give us your best guess as to the plant type and our next available expert will get back to you. Thanks!

Part of my question was lost. My asparagus plants look odd. The normally open, light "leaves" are tight little "bushes", close packed. A breeze could not get through easily. 25 are one yr old and 25 were planted this year.

I not aware that this is a common problem occurring on asparagus statewide, and would love to see a photograph of the foliage. Is it possible for you to share one?

Thank you,

I will send a photo. This is asparagus and I've pulled the normal foliage apart to reveal what's happening as it continues to grow.

I had trouble uploading on my phone. I email it from outside this system.

This is my asparagus. This is the second year for these roots. I fertilized them with my Miracle Grow Rose fertiizer.

I've conferred with another vegetable specialist and we agree the asparagus stalks and fronds look healthy. So, we suggest that you wait and see if they expand. If that doesn't happen within a couple weeks, please let me know.