Lemon and Orange curled leaves

I have Mayer lemon and orange trees in my yards and both of them have curled leaves all over. Small yellowish lemons drops to ground. Lost all flowers and tiny buds from orange tree. Please identify the problem and treatment to prevent more damage.

I read to feed Epsom salt to citrus plants for more and better fruits. Please provide your input.
Thanks

Fort Bend County Texas

Howdy!

You are dealing with citrus leafminer. This little moth larvae eats inside the leaf and causes it to curl up. Not a real big deal. Normally, we do not recommend treating, mainly because the damage you see cannot be corrected and that it is hard to treat the pest at the right time. Below is a good reference to help you understand this a little better.

http://ipm.ucanr.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES/pn74137.html

Good day,

Boone

Thanks for information. Can I feed Apson salt to help fruit on lemon and vegetables

Howdy!

Well.... yes you can. Will it harm anything? No. But...

Do you need to? No. Epsom salts are a way to deliver Magnesium to the plant. If you purchase a complete fertilizer with micronutrients, that product should have everything the plant needs. Look for a product like Medina Hasta-Grow Plus, or similar.

Further, most soil samples from our region show that we are good for nearly all of the plant necessary nutrients, except for nitrogen. So, if you do anything, provide the plants with a nitrogen fertilizer.

If you have additional questions, please email to my direct email address listed below. I can respond much quicker that way.

Good day,

Boone