Cucumbers are yellow

Hi guys, thank you so much for all the help you provide PA Gardeners. Can you identify the disease that is on these cucumbers? The leaves look great, I have a few full great looking cucumbers but a lot of small ones that are just starting are yellow and brownish. Any thoughts on what this is? I have tomatoes growing near by in case this is versilium wilt. Thanks!

Montgomery County Pennsylvania cucumbers home gardening

It's possible that the problem is weather related. Melons, cucumbers, and squash require dry sunshiny days with good heat to properly develop. We've had a lot of wet cool weather which can cause blossom drop, incomplete fertilization and problems with what fruit the plant produces. I would remove the bad cucumbers and concentrate the plant energy of producing fewer fruits. Also, you can take a sample to your local Penn State Extension and ask them to diagnose it in case there is something else going on. Hopefully the weather in July will look more like summer.