I've had two blueberry bushes for about seven years. I got small blueberries...

I've had two blueberry bushes for about seven years. I got small blueberries the first year or two. Now the bushes are over ten feet tall and look more like small trees and there is no fruit. Can I get these to bear fruit again? Thank you.

Davidson County Tennessee blueberry production mulberry

Hi,
Thanks for your question. What variety are you growing? If it is a northern highbush variety, I am wondering if it is not getting enough chilling to set fruit. Another possibility is overfertilization, but by now you should have gotten some fruit. I have forwarded your question also to Mark Longstroth from MSU Extension to see if he has any additional thoughts. Best wishes,

Hard to answer the question without knowing more. It would be important to know what variety you have. Do you get any bloom at all? If you have a northern highbush and you are not getting enough chilling the initial growth in the spring should be poor with a ragged bloom. Northern highbush usually only get 4 to 10 feet tall.
I am wondering if you have a rabbiteye blueberry from the south. They do get as big as trees.

Thanks for your replies. Finally I am able to send some photos of the blueberry bushes. We've had them for a long time. At first they gave fruit. But then
I think we did not tend them properly. They are called vaccinium. We need to move them without injuring them. As you can see they are crowded btwn the fence and a pine tree. If possible we'd like to move them and tend them to bare fruit if possible. Thanks again.

Vaccinium is the genus name for blueberries but those are not blueberries.
Immediately when I saw the pictures I thought leaves are wrong. Looking closely at your photos I see some of the leaves have lobes and these look like mulberry trees to me. The wild mulberries have small blackberries that look like blackberries.
They have a big root system and would be hard to transplant. The wood under the bark is a pale yellow and this is another good way besides the leaves to identify mulberry.

Hi Mark,
Thanks. I'm pretty sure these are blueberry bushes. I bought them at home depot about seven years ago. The tag also says blueberry plus we did get blueberries the first two years and then we just let them go and they got tall and stopped baring fruit.
Kate

Kate, I looked at the pictures very closely before I answered and looked at them again several times before I typed this. I do not see any blueberry leaves in the picture. I do see several mulberry plants that have distinctive leaves. I think the mulberries got started and shaded out the blueberries and the blueberries died.
You will notice that nothing is growing under these shrubs.
I attach a picture of a blueberry leaf. You might do an internet search on Mulberry leaves so you can see what they look like and compare the to the leaves you have