chemicals to raise pH soil for turf grass

U of M soil test pH = 6.0. It was recommended I use a 15-0-20 lawn fertilizer, and not lime, because my Potassium was low. As a chemist, I need to know what chemical to use for the 20 parts Potassium. It would seem to me that I should use Potassium Carbonate (not a sulfate or nitrate) so that I can adjust my pH towards neutral. The instructions said nothing about my Potassium form. Is my understanding correct? Where do I get such a product? Can I spread solid 100% Potassium Carbonate on my lawn at the rate given me by the U of M? William Bronn You may share my question but I want an email response from you, too.

Ramsey County Minnesota horticulture soil and fertility issues

Consider yourself lucky with your pH 6 soil. Most of us suffer with pH 7.5 and up. Your plant palette is greatly widened and includes blueberries, azaleas and rhododendrons. I would not worry about adjusting your pH to neutral.

If you can't find a lawn fertilizer with a ratio that is close, a product you can use is muriate of potash (potassium chloride), which is available at garden centers. I'm not sure if potassium carbonate is. Muriate of potash is not expensive and is commonly available. It is 0-0-60, so you could mix it with an all-nitrogen product to get the correct ratio. Read here:
http://www.extension.umn.edu/garden/yard-garden/soils/soil-test-interpretations-and-fertilizer-manag...