Can I plant a maple in sand soil

I just moved into a new home where the land all around appears to be sand the developer must have brought in a bunch of sand to fill. I had my heart set on planting a fire fall maple/autumn blaze or some type of pretty maple in the front yard. My first question is will the maple survive the sandy soil? If not is there anything I can do to make it work? if not is there any pretty trees you would recommend 35-40 ft tall plus.

Dakota County Minnesota shade trees maple tree

Thank you for the question. Maples in general should do well in well drained soil like yours. Like any tree, proper planting and care for the first several years will help to ensure long term success. In your sandy soil, it is important that you water the tree well for several years so make sure that there is a water supply nearby so that it's easy to accomplish this task.
Please read these publications about maple trees, other recommended trees for your location, and how to correctly plant and care for the tree:

Thank you for contacting Extension.