mulch fungus or mold?

I live in Annapolis city. In early Spring, I laid shredded pine mulch in my backyard flower beds and, of late, I've noticed a light brown oozing substance that's bubbled up in various areas around the garden. It lays on top of the mulch -- in one instance, it's even attached to my solar light. I am immunosuppressant and fear whatever this is could compromise my health. Please tell me how to handle this safely. Do I remove it? Do I till the soil? Is the soil receiving too much water? Is it the brand of mulch I used? I heard others complain of the same, but had no remedies.

Anne Arundel County Maryland mulch fungus probably dog vomit fungus

This sounds like it could be the aptly but grossly named dog vomit fungus, which occurs commonly when conditions are right.
Here is a page about fungus that includes it: https://extension.umd.edu/learn/fungus-among-us

It is not considered a health hazard.

Thank you for your quick response.
I put on a face mask and used a shovel to dig out the "vomit" and put it in a leaf bag for later collection. I used a rake to till and aerate the soil. Time will tell if this re-occurs but I appreciate knowing what it's about and how it came to be. Thanks again!