Colorado Blue Spruce and house foundation

We have a large Colorado Blue Spruce, 5 feet from the house, probably more than 50 years old. Is there a danger of it harming the house foundation. It seems ok so far. I would like to keep it if possible. It is 1,5 ft diam and about 35 ft tall.

Denver County Colorado trees and shrubs

When one sees a large Colorado Blue Spruce knocked over in a storm, it is always surprizing to see how small the rootball is that supports such a large plant. For that reason, I reckon that since your tree is mature and you haven't encountered troubles yet, you should be okay.

However, if you are worried, I recommend you get a certified arborist out to do a proper evaluation.

Thank you! Is there a list of certified arborists?

There is a list on Denver Forestry's website of tree companies licensed to do work in the City. You also can find a certified arborist by using the 'find an arborist' tool on the International Society of Arboriculture website (http://www.isa-arbor.com/).