Leyland cypress trees turning brown

My Leland cypress trees have developed some brown edges but also have some small branches dying. Is this a type of needle blight or hopefully not a canker or both? I really appreciate your help and guidance as to what I should do. THANKS!!!

Frederick County Maryland leyland cypress trees possible seridiuim canker

Based on your photo the brown tips on the branches looks like seridium canker, a fungal disease. When these trees are stressed due to drought, poor planting techniques, poor drainage, etc. they can be susceptible to disease and insect issues. If planted close together there is a lot of root competition for moisture and nutrients, lack of sunlight, and poor air circulation.

Look at our website for photos and more information. There is no control for seridium canker. The brown tips will drop off naturally. Prune any dead branches during dry weather. The best recommendation is to keep the trees well watered during dry periods. Keep mulch no thicker than several inches and away from the base of the trunk. The trees grow best in full sun with plenty of air circulation and appreciate moisture during dry periods.
http://extension.umd.edu/hgic/seridium-and-botryosphaeria-canker-leylands-trees