What to do about my flowering almond

About 3 or 4 years ago I planted a flowering almond shrub. That first winter The snow broke off some branches and then the deer pruned it for me. Since then every spring grit gets new sprouts and leaves and some flowering on the older branches; all of a sudden all the new leaves wilt and dry up. I think this may be a type of blight. Is there any hope for this plant? Should I pull it out?Would it be ok to plant a new one in this spot? Or should I just forget it and plant something different there. I really, really want to successfully grow one of these shrubs. Please help!

Chisago County Minnesota

It might be verticillium wilt Symptoms caused by Verticillium develop anytime during the growing season, but are most apt to appear in July and August. In some cases the symptoms may be more severe during or following cool weather. Symptoms appear chronically, or they may be acute and often lethal. Chronic symptoms include small, yellow foliage, leaf scorch (marginal browning), slow growth, abnormally heavy seed crops and dieback of shoots and branches. Often, the foliage on one or more branches wilts suddenly. Acute symptoms include leaf curling, drying, an abnormal red or yellow color of leaves or areas between leaf veins, partial defoliation, wilting and branch dieback. Often one branch or one side or sector of the plant is affected. Recurrence of wilt in ensuing years is unpredictable, as is its severity. In its lethal form, Verticillium wilt will cause a sudden and total collapse of the plant. since it remains in the soil, we would not recommend planting another almond in the same spot or near by.