Fruit tree designation

We are unclear on the applicable uses of Siesta Ant Bait (Metaflumizone). The trees on the label are Pome fruits, Stone Fruits, Nut trees, citrus, pecans, walnuts and almonds. We are in Hawaii and get questions from residents who have a wide array of tropical fruits on their properties. These are not necessarily orchards but would fall under "outdoor areas with fruit trees present." We are curious about Coffee, Lychee, Mango, Cacao. Lychee and Mango are botanically considered drupes, or drupaceous at the very least. Coffee is in between Drupe and Pome in my botanical opinion. But I don't think the label makers are thinking in botanical terms, but rather mainland, temperate-climate, orchard categories. Any help you can offer would be much appreciated. I realize its a difficult question but I guess the question I am mainly asking is, "is there an EPA-Label-definition for the terms stone or pome trees?"

Hawaii County Hawaii

Aloha,
Thank you for your question. Let me investigate. I will respond by next week.

Mahalo,
Cynthia

Aloha,
In reviewing the label it appears that you can use it on other fruit trees as long as they are not fruit bearing when you treat, since it says "including but not limited to" on the label. Hence, as long as you follow the label application rates and instructions you can apply to other fruit trees.

Please contact me at cnazario@hawaii.edu if you have further questions.

From the Siesta Insecticide Fire Ant Bait EPA Reg. No. 7969-232:
Siesta may be used on sod farms and in nurseries in and around container or field-grown ornamental and nonbearing nursery stock; including but not limited to citrus, stone fruit, pomefruit, pecan, walnut, and almond. DO NOT graze or feed lawn or sod clippings to livestock. Application to the soil around nonbearing fruit and nut trees is permitted up to 1 year before the first harvest. DO NOT apply to the soil around nonbearing fruit and nut trees more than 4 times per year.