Laurels appeal to be dying

Please look at the attached pics. We planted 160 Laurels last fall and seem to be loosing them. Any suggestions? Sorry for some reason I'm not able to include my pictures. Please reply and I should be able to attach pictures

Clackamas County Oregon laurel horticulture

Pleas attach photos and we will have an expert look at them.

Your laurels appear to have either a bacterial or fungal infection called leaf shot or shot hole. Our electricity is out so I have no computer but will send better info once I can access it.

So, here's a link to a somewhat scientific page about your laurels' problem(s). As you can see, other than planting resistant varieties, there are few cultural controls, and none of the chemical controls are available to homeowners (if they did, there would be an "H" after the chemical). The best thing you can do preventatively (for next year), is to rake up this year's leaves and destroy them (do not compost!)

Sorry I can't be more optimistic, but the Pacific Northwest, and its cool, wet weather is just the perfect environment for these pathogens!