Coming up in many places in my landscaping

Can you tell me what this is? It has begun to come up in my flower beds and even in the walks. I've never seen it before and I've gardened here for 35 years.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!
Edited to add: They are coming up all around my yard and yet I've never seen anything like them before. I catalog my garden (yes I'm odd LOL) so I know every plant I have and I thought I'd recognize ever weed. But I don't know what this is just know it doesn't belong.

Washtenaw County Michigan

I do not recognize it at this stage of development. Letting it grow out to see its developed leaves and flowers should help us put it into a family of plants. Keep a close eye on it and send pictures back to Ask an Expert once flower structure can be seen. MSU Extension in Washtenaw County has a diagnostic lab at 705 N. Zeeb Rd. Once plant has fully developed you could bring it into the office for identification. They charge a small fee for plant samples. It is usually easier to identify plants if they can be seen up close, especially the characteristics of the flowers and rest of plant. The Washtenaw MSU Extension office can be reached by phone 734 997-1678.

I am highly suspicious that this is knotweed (from hours of searching images).
I am going to dig up all that I find, as I live close to acres of nature preserves.
I would not want it to mature and take a chance on it spreading just to identify it.
Thanks for taking a look for me!
Happy summer!

I was wondering the same thing. It is very invasive. If you do have surviving plants that develop, bring them into the Washtenaw MSU Extension office 705 N. Zeeb Rd. for identification. the plants are too small for us to be able to look at leaf characteristics at in the pictures. Be glad to look at one that is more developed for you.

Thanks!

Bob Bricault