Sick Crabapple Tree

I have one crab apple tree out of my about 15 that I have planted in my yard that is absolutely sick. I'm wondering if there's anyway of figuring out what it is and if there's a way to save the tree. The trunk of the tree is nice and thick and looks very health.y I don't see anything at the base of the tree. I do see a fungus of some sort at the crown of the tree before the branches go out. The leaves are brown and the fruit is shriveled. I know that's not much to go on but I'll try to send pictures to.

Minnesota crabapple trees fungus on crabapple

The photos show only portions of the tree. However, if the photos represent the condition of the tree as a whole, recovery is unlikely.

The fungal growth indicates that affected branches are dead or dying. Injuries including winter damage that occurred months or even years ago could account for this.

Learn more here:
https://www.extension.umn.edu/garden/yard-garden/trees-shrubs/wood-decay/