webs all over the lawn

I have webs all over my lawn. Same thing happened last year and I lost over 25% of the grass. I put down an application of scotts crabgrass preventer (fertilizer) in early March. I put down grub x in early May but then we got very heavy rain. I put down scotts fungus control last week and since the webs appeared this week my guess is that I do not have a fungus problem. I saw some webs (see file moreWebs) in some other yard plants but I do not know if it is the same issue as with the grass. Is there anything I can use that will stop this? Is there anything I should stop doing? Thank you. (My first attempt to send you this message may not have worked. My picturer were in the wrong format.)

Howard County Maryland pesticide use lawn webs on lawns and shrubs

We are so glad you contacted us and we are happy to help.
First off, the webs are not at all related to your grass loss. The grass loss could be from using a lawn seed mix that contained annual grasses. Inexpensive mixes often do. We'd be happy to help you to diagnose and manage your lawn problems, just send us photos and questions specific to that, as they occur.

The biggest suggestion we have is to stop with chemical applications and only use them when you have an actual problem or pest identified and know what you are trying to accomplish.
Only treat for grubs if you know you have a problem with grubs, and the same with fungus. (We never recommend fungicide application- there are other lawn management techniques to use).

The webs are from spiders- different kinds on the ground versus in the shrubbery, which you can tell by the shape and thickness of the webs made.
Spiders are good guys- beneficial insects that are great to have in the landscape and should be conserved. They are always there in a healthy landscape, you just tend to notice them more in misty, wet weather, as water droplets cling to them. They are re-made often, sometimes daily. They are used for luring and catching other insects, some of which are pests to our plants.
If there seem to be too many and you are expecting company or something and they bother you, you can knock them down with a broom.
Your third photo is of a worm, which are useful as soil aerators and bird food.

Here is our lawn page: http://extension.umd.edu/hgic/plants/lawns