non producing apple tree

I planted a Honeycrisp apple tree 3 years ago. For 2 years I did not let it bear fruit as suggested by a commercial grower. This year I was going to let it set fruit but it did not bloom.Any ideas on what I can do for next year?

Washington County Minnesota apple cultivars

Did it bloom the 1st two years? Is the tree in full sun (8 hours a day or more)? Do you have 2 or how is it being pollinated? Apples are not self-pollinating, they can be pollinated by crabapples if they are blooming at the same time.
Frequently apple trees do not bear fruit up to the first 3 years. Many gardeners have waited for 6-8 years to have a small harvest. Many apple trees are noted for bearing apples every other year. As the tree gets older, apples need to be thinned when they are in abundance so they will bear the next year, which can break the biennial bearing habit.
Here is an extension publication on growing apples. See if my questions glean any ideas, and feel free to ask for more help.
http://www.extension.umn.edu/garden/yard-garden/fruit/apples-in-home-garden/

Yes it bloomed the first 2 years and produced apples. We have a crabapple tree and the neighbor has an apple tree.

Perhaps pollination time was off this year, I would give it another year. The other trees, are they blooming at the same time?