Multi flora rose

I have noticed a large clump of multi flora rose growing just outside my fence. It is growing in the midst of some other shrubs. Now I am seeing branches popping up through the ground inside the fence. What is the best way to control this invasive?

Howard County Maryland multiflora rose invasive invasive plant multiflora rose removal

You should cut off the multiflora rose at ground level and then treat the freshly cut base immediately with an herbicide containing glyphosate. Don't get the herbicide on the other desirable shrubs. Use a shield of cardboard or plastic to keep the spray on the cut, or dab on the herbicide using an old sponge you can discard.

Cut down the shoots coming up inside the fence the same way.

You don't have to spray the herbicide, but it helps by going down into the roots and killing them. Repeated cutting with also exhaust and kill the roots.

Here is more about rosamultiflora: http://extension.umd.edu/hgic/multiflora-rose