Bulb planting in yard with the grass

- Looking to plant bulbs, in the fall, right along with the grass. - is there any specific guidelines or - best spring bulbs to use I believe it is done in Europe more than the US. My neighbor from Czechoslovakia does this with tulips, crocus and other spring bulbs. After they bloom, he cuts yard as usual. It is beautiful.

Anoka County Minnesota spring bulbs horticulture

It can certainly be done. You have to leave your lawn a bit ragged looking, since you can't mow until the foliage has died off. Tulips often don't bloom well the second or third year and need to be replaced, so I'd not use them for this project. However, daffodils would work well, as would crocuses. Read here:
https://www.extension.umn.edu/garden/yard-garden/flowers/spring-flowering-bulbs/

Some other things to consider: don't plant the bulbs where there is heavy foot traffic. If you plant them in clusters or in stripes, you can mow around them. Finally, planting time for spring bulbs is from mid September to mid October, while seeding time for lawns is from mid August to mid September, so your timing window is narrow.