Elephant ear

My elephant ear doesn't seem to be growing and one leaf is looking bad. It has looked this way for about 4-6 months. I keep the soil moist and it is in a south window but not in direct sun. Can you give me any suggestions on what I am doing wrong. I

Wadena County Minnesota

Elephant ear plants are heavy nitrogen feeders. Are you fertilizing it? Use a high nitrogen fertilizer at 50 % every time you water until you see improvement. Too much nitrogen at too fast a rate can burn the plant. They also need lots of moisture. So watering regularly as you mentioned is important, but best to allow good drainage so roots are not sitting in water. High humidity is also best; so if you have a humidifier put it near the plant. Browning of the leaf edges is a sign of not enough food (needs fertilizer), too much sunlight(scorching) or pests (check leaves for signs of mites, or other insects.) I am thinking that the length of time you have been seeing problems (4-6 months) coincides with less sunlight and lack of nitrogen. They do well outside once the temperatures warm up with some cover from hot mid day sun to avoid scorching. You don't say how long you have had the plants. If it has been several years possibly repotting may help to give fresh soil and more room for roots.