Peach tree white barnicles on trunk and branches

I am having a problem with my Peach tree and hoping you can help. I have some white kind of barnacle looking growths on the trunk and some branches of my tree. The bark appears to be in tough shape as well. I am really hoping to save it since it has produced some wonderfully delicious peaches 2 years ago. I did not have many last year and now wondering if this has something to do with it. If appears to always be the last tree to get foliage on it. In fact, it is still only about half way leaved out while my other trees all have full foliage. I have included some pictures to hopefully help identify the problem. My phone number is 612-272-8142. I am sorry I missed your call earlier and will be sure to answer next time. I am available all day. Thank you so much! Matt Kielas

Hennepin County Minnesota

First of all, it's possible that the call you were referring to was from the Help Line. Ask an Expert is not the same program. We don't make phone calls. Perhaps the Call Line has now reached you and you have good information to follow.

If not, this looks like a shelf fungus which signals serious problems inside your peach tree. Its delay in leafing out and decreased production are also hints of a serious issue. You clearly care about this tree. It would be worth the effort to contact a certified arborist and have them look at it. The below reference will help you find one. Best of luck.

http://www.myminnesotawoods.umn.edu/2009/01/finding-tree-care-help-certified-arborists-and-mn-tree-c...