Pasture weeds

Hello, I am contacting you in hopes of getting some help controlling two specific weeds in my horse pasture/hay field. The legumes on the chopping block are birds foot trefoil and hairy vetch. I have read that vetch is toxic and I honestly don't want either one in our pasture. We have been cutting and pulling them but they are widespread and I'm hoping to find out what to do to get rid of them more effectively. Is there a fertilizer I can use that targets legumes? If so, any recommendations? If not, any suggestions? Thank you!

Jackson County Oregon pastures and forages

I would treat your pasture with 7 oz/A of Milestone herbicide (aminopyralid) yet this spring/summer. It is very effective on most legume species and grasses are tolerant. If you don't want to treat the entire pasture/hay field you may make targeted spot treatments to control unwanted broadleaf plants and brush/tree species. See product label for species controlled and application/mixing instructions. This product is available at most farm stores...Wilco, Wibur-Ellis, CPS, etc.