Strawberry spacing in Containers

Hello, I have day-neutral strawberries growing in a raised bed that I'm going to pull out and put into individual containers instead (I ran into a crop rotation conflict and need to use the raised bed for other vegetables). I noticed the recommendation for spacing strawberries is 1 ft but does that apply to containers? If I have a one-gallon pot, should I just stick one plant in it or can I add two? I have about 20 strawberry plants and am trying to figure out how many containers I need. Thanks!

Howard County Maryland

Spacing for strawberries in containers is about 8-10 inches. A recommendation would be to use one large container for the strawberries, for example, a 25 gallon felt grow bag. You can view photos on Google. This would require less watering than small containers. However, you would still have to keep the soil moist.