landscape design

Asked May 1, 2017, 11:00 AM EDT

Can a Master Gardener analyze current plantings and help us create a shade-loving design for planters and courtyard levels at Central Towers, a Presbyterian Homes and Services facility downtown St Paul?

Ramsey County Minnesota landscape design horticulture

1 Response

Thank you for the question. Extension Master Gardeners are volunteers of the University of Minnesota and trained to educate communities and citizens for the greater good. While Master Gardeners are volunteers and are not allowed to accept payment or work on private properties as part of their volunteer hours, some are professional gardeners, designers or landscape architects by trade. A county program may have a website or newsletter for volunteers only where such job postings can be made available. You may send a job description to the Extension Master Gardener program in your county. Contact information for Ramsey County Master Gardeners: 2020 White Bear Ave N. St. Paul, MN 55109 Phone 651-704-2053 email

Another option is to reach students looking for seasonal work or alumni in the landscape business. Post a job description on GoldPass: Job, Internship and Volunteer Listings. GoldPASS is the U of M's online database to help connect students and alumni with employers, volunteer organizations, and internships across the country. Posting is free, easy to do, and open to anyone.

Good Luck and thank you for contacting Extension.