Herbicides

Is the product Casoron available here ? I used it and had huge success in my raspberry patch. Seems like it's banned. Any good alternative ?

Goodhue County Minnesota

Thank you for the question. Casoron (dichlobenil) is a broad spectrum pre emergent herbicide that can last the entire season. A quick internet search finds it readily available for sale to the homeowner so if you want to use it, there shouldn't be a problem obtaining it. Please read the label carefully and follow directions exactly. Here are the label and safety data sheet for you:

You could call around to big box and local nurseries to see if they carry it as well. When choosing a chemical like this, it is necessary to determine what weeds you are trying to prevent. Read product labels and choose one that is effective on the weeds you have for best results and least impact on beneficial insects, wildlife, and microbes.
Thank you for contacting Extension.