Dwarf peach tree problem

See attached, I don't know what is causing this.

Marion County Oregon

Thank you for attaching the image of your peach tree. It’s the worst case of peach leaf curl I have ever seen. Your tree is very susceptible to this very common problem. The affected leaves will all drop earlier than is normal and, then, the tree must replace them during the same season. Whenever that occurs during successive years, the tree is stressed and declines. The tree is unlikely to meet your expectations of abundant fruits.

If you have only had the tree for several years, I suggest you consider replacing it. When you do, select a peach that has some resistance to the disease. (Ask at the garden center which kind they suggest for your area.) Plan to apply a dormant spray every year. Our official disease management guide says this: “Two fungicide applications are recommended for western Oregon: at 50% leaf fall (late October), and again at delayed dormant (usually in late February, before floral buds open).” Products available to home gardeners are Monterey Liqui-Cop and Ortho MAX Garden Disease Control.

Thanks. We will look for a another peach tree here in North salem.
Please at the apricot. It appears to be half dead. It on its 2nd year.

Thank you for sending the images of your apricot. Unfortunately, I have more bad news for you. Most likely, our colder than normal recent winter (2016-2017) damaged the new tree. Further, apricots typically bloom so early in the year that a late frost often kills the flower buds. In our region, apricots may have a crop only once in 10 or so years.

Before you go shopping for different fruit trees, please contact the Marion County Master Gardeners to determine the fruit trees that do best in your region; email them at marionmg@oregonstate.edu; or phone 503-588-5301. (Or, as I mentioned earlier, ask the garden center for their recommendations.) The home page for the Marion County Extension Service office is at http://extension.oregonstate.edu/marion/find-us.

Before you do anything, please review this publication: “Growing Tree Fruits and Nuts in the Home Orchard” (https://catalog.extension.oregonstate.edu/sites/catalog/files/project/pdf/ec819.pdf).