Giant Asian Hornet

After reading the comments on here about the Giant Asian Hornets and that they are not here in Maryland, but can anyone tell me what this is that we killed here at our house in White Plains, MD. I attached a couple of pictures on here. I also looked at the pictures online of what they actually look like and it sure looks like the Giant Asian Hornet. I've lived in Japan long time ago and have seen them and it sure looks like this. I'm keeping this in a jar just in case some one wants to come and clearly identify what it is. Can someone please confirm.

Charles County Maryland

Our entomologist looked at your photos and agrees that this is not a Giant Asian Hornet.
It is a European Hornet, which is the only true hornet found in the U.S.

We can't tell how large it is (not familiar with Bahamian coins) but it could be a queen that over-wintered, which can be pretty large.
Here is a page about them: http://extension.umd.edu/hgic/european-hornets

In response to the size of the coin, it is the same as a United States quarter. I dug around the internet and found and confirmed that it is a European Hornet. I just wanted to ensure it wasn't and get an experts advise on it and I appreciate it. All I know is, that it was big and I haven't seen anything like that since I was a child. Thank you again.

They might be impressive to someone like you but to someone who is highly allergic to bee stings, it's a nightmare. Yes it is awesome to see something like that again though.