Are they taking gas from under my property without paying royalties?

I own a 1.3 acre piece of land in Chartiers Township, Washington county Pa. I have a lease and I was told by the landman that I would be on a specific unit. I believe the well is 4/10 to 5/10 mile from my property. I never heard from them again, so I called and they said they took me off of that unit. My question is, are there public maps or any other info that I can access and is there any way to determine if they actually taking gas from under my property?

Washington County Pennsylvania

Thanks for your question. You should be able to find the information you are looking for by reaching out to your local Department of Environmental Protection Office and requesting the Location Platt and Directional survey for the well in question. I believe you can reach the Pittsburgh Office at (412) 442-4000. You will need the well reference/API number to help find the correct information. If the you have any trouble, feel free to email me directly at jladlee@psu.edu and I will be happy to attempt to help you locate additional public resources to answer your question.

Sincerely,

Jim