Hi there: I need to divide many hostas this year, both to reduce the size of some monsters and to provide new plants for a new garden bed. My hostas seem to be the perfect size to divide now..about 4-6 inches, not "leafed out" yet. BUT...the weather says we might get a frost, 20F at night, and snow in the next couple days. Should I wait? I'm in the SW twin cities metro. Thank you!
Thank you for your question.
If I were you I will wait until the weather gets better.....easier to work outside, plus your plants will not be "leafing out" in the next couple of days.
Hope this helps.