Cherry​ tree

So I notice that my cherry trees this yr are not all flowering and have leaves. One tree is over half no leaves and other is 1 /5. What might be the problem.

Lane County Oregon fruit trees diagnosis of plant problems horticulture

Many thanks for including the photos! I'm afraid I have more questions than answers at this point. Are you able to bring some samples into the Extension office at 996 Jefferson Street in Eugene? It would be helpful to have both healthy tissue and also tissue that exhibits the symptoms, and in particular I would like to see one or more samples that include a transition from apparently healthy tissue to the afflicted tissue.

Did the tree look okay last year? In other words, is the lack of leaves this year the first indication something is wrong? If you examine the bark at the base of the affected areas (the transition between healthy and afflicted tissues), do you notice anything that looks unusual, such as sunken areas, oozing sap, etc.?

Thanks in advance for your patience as we try to get you the right answer and not just a quick one!

This is the firsti have noticed no leaves. I did prune in January. Have not noticed and sap or leaking of anything . What hrs are u guy open too drop off samples

The office is open Monday-Thursday, 10am-1pm and 2pm-5pm. If you need to make arrangements outside of these hours, we can probably accommodate, as someone is generally there by 8pm, and I often stay 'til 6pm. When you pruned in January, did you notice anything unusual? I'm sure you noticed we had some nasty weather well after January, so it is possible the tree was fine when you pruned and started to emerge from dormancy only to be hit by cold. Samples as described previously will help.