Soil and inkberry

Hi. I just built a house and wonder if my soil is too basic to support my inkberry bushes. Do you have a soil testing serve? They could have root rot but would like to check soil first. Bushes are yellowing and dying back and am afraid it happened after lime. Also, new topsoil was introduced. Tank you.

Anne Arundel County Maryland soil soil testing shrubs inkberry soil and fertility

We do not have a soil testing laboratory here. Click on "Soil Testing" on the right side of our homepage. This will give you info on how to collect a soil sample, what to have it tested for, and a list of regional soil testing labs.
Results are fairly speedy. you do not need a special soil testing bag. You can put the sample (about a cup of dry soil) in a sandwich baggie and mail in a padded envelope or box.

While you are waiting, be sure the plants are not in dry soil so they are not doubly stressed.