Colorado Springs - Thomas MacLaren School - Athletic Field Turfgrass Rehab

The school has acquired a new facility in Colorado Springs with a very old athletic field, and we would like to rehabilitate the turfgrass for sports, soccer in particular. We are interested in information related to Field Assessment, Aerification, Cultivation, Overseeding, Seed Selection, Fertilization, etc. to prepare the fields for athletics next fall. Thank you!

El Paso County Colorado turfgrass

This is a huge (and a bit non-specific) question. An excellent resource for your turf manager is:
www.stma.org
There is a great deal of free information available on this website. I would encourage your turf manager to become a member of STMA (if she/he is not already a member) to gain access to even more information on sports turf management.

If there are more specific questions, please do not hesitate to contact me (see contact information below).

Thanks,
Tony

Thank you Dr. Koski!

We appreciate the link, the information, and the contact information. We will dig into the information (pun intended). Colorado State is lucky to have you, and I am thankful to have access to ask you questions through the extension.

Best,

David

Hi David,
Are you the turf manager for the fields?
Feel free to contact me if you have specific questions with the fields. Plus, I do get to CO Springs somewhat often with other calls (was just there yesterday) and could stop and visit if that would be helpful.

My cell (call or text...but tell me who you are if you text!) is:
970-222-1450

Thanks!
tony