How can I apply to the 4H Leadership Conference?

Do you have information about the 4H Leadership Conference? My daughter will be attending the 4H Camp as a CIT May 30, but she recently heard from a friend that there is also a Leadership Conference. Is it open to anyone? How much does it cost? When is the deadline to apply? Can she request a roommate? Any information you have will be greatly appreciated.

Jefferson County Kentucky

Thanks for your interest. I'm not sure that our county will be sending teens to the Leadership Conference this year. The 4-H agent that typically handled that has left for another position with UK. I suggest that you call the office (502-569-2344) and ask for Chanda Hall or Kelly Smith. Either of them should be able to tell you for certain if we will be sending teens to the conference and if not, if we will be next year.

Showing that you are interested in this for your child and other parents expressing an interest in the event will help to demonstrate the need in the county and more likely that we will have representation if not this year then in the future.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out to me at hayley.pierce@uky.edu.

Thanks,