What will grow back after hail damage

We had quite the hail storm in Upper Marlboro Friday night. The upper story trees (oaks, maples, poplars), azaleas and the ground cover (may apples and trilliums) seem to have taken the worst hit. I have two questions: 1. What will grow back? 2. Can I use the green shredded leaves as mulch now or should I stock pile them and use them next year?
Also I'm assuming that the daffodils & alliums and any other bulbs will grow back next year along with the hosta - please verify my assumption. thank you

Prince George's County Maryland hail damage

Thank you for your questions. It looks like it was quite a storm, but rest assured, everything will grow back. The may apples and trilliums will die back for this year (as normal) but their established roots will be fine and they will grow back. The hostas too. If there is any foliage remaining on the daffodils and alliums, do not cut it back. The foliage enables photosynthesis, which feeds the bulbs. If the foliage is very damaged, it may cause a decline in the vigor of the plants next year, but they will come back.

We recommend that you compost the green shredded leaves and then use the mature compost next year.

CKC

Thank you.
What about the trees? They lost a lot of leaves! I have inches of shredded leaves on the ground and decks right now. Will the leaves grow back? If so, when? Next year?
I really enjoyed the privacy the tree leaves give us in the summer.
Also will this affect the nut product (acorns and pignuts) this year?

Damaged leaves will not recover, but you can expect the trees to put out a new flush of leaf growth. With hail storms, the most damage occurs high in the tree canopy, but the trees will continue to grow. We can't tell with certainty how this will affect nut production. Other factors can affect nut development, and the number of nuts, acorns, etc., produced annually typically varies from year to year.

CKC