Bovine Colostrum for human consumption

April 22, 2017 I would like to know about the average amounts of protein, carbohydrates, fat, amino acids, vitamins, and minerals in bovine colostrum plus any other good information. Good. What I would like to know too is what kind of products can I purchase in my county Montgomery. Terri A. Hastings 9814 Parkwood Drive Bethesda, MD 20814

Montgomery County Maryland

I don't believe that you can purchase raw bovine colostrum as purchasing raw milk in Maryland is not allowed because of health and bacterial concerns. Colostrum has been sold for years in feed stores to help with young calves but is not labeled for human consumption. Recently bovine colostrum has become a growing product in the supplement world. These supplements are not regulated or tested as heavily as other food products. You can purchase bovine colostrum supplements, often as a powder or pill, from local supplement stores (GNC, Vitamin Shoppe, etc) or through an easy Amazon search. Attached is one of the supplement's labels for nutritional information which may vary based on brand.

I terms of education we only promote peer reviewed, scholarly information. I found an article on Bovine Colostrum from University of California Berkley that you might find interesting: http://static.berkeleywellness.com/supplements/other-supplements/article/can-colostrum-boost-immunit...