Local organic barley for fodder

Hello I've recently been doing some research on growing fodder from barley and wheat. It supposedly greatly increases the protein and the digestability. I'm looking to eliminate commercial feed using things like fodder, black soldier fly larvae. I'm hoping to get some chickens and rabbits very soon and was looking for a local farmer that was pesticide-free. I know a lot of farmers don't get the Organic certification but still use organic practices so I'm fine with it not being labeled organic. I'm from the Cambria County area and my question is do you know of any local farmers growing organic grains of any kind especially barley and wheat? All I could find was those that were selling online and with the shipping that would not be economical or ecological friendly. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you for making this service available.

Cambria County Pennsylvania pastures and forages

Good Morning:

I don't know of any producers in that area who are using organic practices. You might want to contact Tom Ford at the Cambria County Extension Office. His telephone number is 814-472-7986. Another option would be to contact any local businesses that sell seed.

What type of livestock are you planning to feed the barley and wheat to? There are options with ruminants for grazing in the spring and fall as well as harvesting prior to seed production for either haylage or hay.

You are welcome to call me if you would like to further discuss the use of barley and wheat as a feed source.