Is my tree dead?

I can't for the life of me remember the type of tree that it is. It had princess in the name, my husband picked it out. It bloomed brass/red/orange leaves last year. it was planted mid summer. we bought it from Frank Otte Nursery, added the soil and starter they suggested. It had a a major problem with bugs eating the leaves last year. But this year she has yet to bloom. Our dogwood located in the front yard of our property approximately 20ft away has already bloomed leaves as well as flowers. I have done the branch test, its white in the inside no green that i could see, was kind of flexible to break off so i don't think its dead, but then again I'm not sure. Maybe the bugs killed it last year? Maybe a late bloomer? I'm just looking for some guidance. Thank you.

Bullitt County Kentucky tree health bullitt county kentucky horticulture

Hello. Thank you for your question. In order to assist you with your question, we will need additional information. Please contact the Bullitt County Extension Horticulture Agent. I have included the contact information below.

Lorilee R George
Extension Agent
Bullitt Cooperative Extension Office
384 Halls Lane, Shepherdsville, KY 40165
(502) 543-2257