Invasive in containers- sweet autumn clematis?

I have a shady (light or bright shade) deck and trellis and would like to grow a climbing vine in large containers. I have read that sweet autumn clematis fits the bill but is considered invasive in some regions. Is it a problem in containers in the DC area? The deck is over an alley; there is not a lot of dirt right around it where seeds would grow if they fell. However, if the clematis would be bad news, can you suggest any other vines that might grow in bright shade in containers? I am also interested in trying scarlet runner beans but I do not know that I get enough sun. Thank you so much.

District of Columbia County District of Columbia plant selection clematis invasive vine invasive vine sweet autumn clematis virgins bower vine for light shade

The problem with sweet autumn clematis in your site is that the seeds are like feathers (think of milkweed seeds) that a breeze can blow for long distances. That's one of the reasons it is so invasive.

The scarlet runner beans should work, though they are annuals. Have you considered other clematis? Many clematis are very happy in bright shade, for example, Jackmanii. And, they will give you a beautiful display of flowers, followed by charming seed pod 'swirls'. You may be able to grow 2 or 3 different varieties and have flowering occur over an extended period.

Here is an idea for a native alternative: http://www.al.com/living/index.ssf/2013/09/sweet_autumn_clematis_has_a_pr.htm