Invasive in containers- sweet autumn clematis?

I have a shady (light or bright shade) deck and trellis and would like to grow a climbing vine in large containers. I have read that sweet autumn clematis fits the bill but is considered invasive in some regions. Is it a problem in containers in the DC area? The deck is over an alley; there is not a lot of dirt right around it where seeds would grow if they fell. However, if the clematis would be bad news, can you suggest Ny other vines that might grow in bright shade in containers? I am also interested in trying scarlet runner beans but I do not know that I get enough sun. Thank you so much.

District of Columbia County District of Columbia

This Question is Waiting for an eXtension Answer

What's an eXtension Answer? Your questions are answered by Cooperative Extension and University staff and volunteers from across the United States. That means the answer given here will be objective, research-based and credible.