Is there anyway to kill Lily of the Valley plants? I've tried digging them up...

Is there anyway to kill Lily of the Valley plants? I've tried digging them up and a landscaper killed them last year (I thought) using roundup but they are back in force this year and starting to encroach on my lawn. HELP!!!

Montgomery County Ohio herbicides lily of the valley

Lily of the Valley spreads by underground rhizomes and it is difficult to get them all when trying to dig them out.
The best time of year to spray them with Round-up is in the Spring. It may take several applications to do the job and Round-up will kill everything it touches.
Another option is to smother it with black plastic, cardboard, a tarp, or thick layers of newspaper weighted down by mulch or something else to keep the cover in place. Leave it in place for one growing season. Make sure it is all covered, even where it encroached into the lawn, You can plant new grass once you get rid of the Lily of the Valley.