Not sure who to ask about this but we found 3 live bunnies in our yard. Their...

Not sure who to ask about this but we found 3 live bunnies in our yard. Their mother had been killed. They had their eyes closed until just a couple of days ago. We have been feeding them kitten milk by kitten nipple in bottle 3 times a day and keeping them warm intermittently with heating lamp. We plan on releasing them back out but want to get them used to eating plant life. When should we introduce something other than milk and what should we introduce to them? How often should they be eating Also? Thank you!

Washington County Ohio human-wildlife issues

I would probably increase the amount of milk you are giving slowly as they get bigger. Multiple small feedings is better than a few large ones although that is more work for you. I hope everything works out. Bottle feeding animals like that is difficult and time consuming.

I would start to introduce a small amount of plant material to them around 3 weeks or so. Usually I like to wean about 6 weeks, but that is if the mother is nursing them not having you do all the work. You want to slowly taper off milk as they eat more solid food and try to complete the weaning process by 5 or 6 weeks or so. Watch for any set backs and keep milk ready if you need to supplement.

Good Luck!!