Dwarf Lemon Tree in Container

Hello, I am thinking about buying a dwarf lemon fruit so I can plant in a container. It is my first time planting trees. I am looking for some advice and what to expect. I live in Aspen Hill, MD. Thank you, Markys

Montgomery County Maryland fruit houseplant dwarf lemon in container

Dwarf lemons can be grown in pots that are outdoors in bright light in the summer, and inside in the winter. Most of the time they will not bloom until they are older and big enough to be in 10" pots or larger. Plan to repot into a container one size larger each spring, using a soil-based potting mix, until a maximum convenient pot size is reached (remember you've gotta move that thing!) Each year thereafter, top with a dressing of potting soil.
Citrus needs at least 4 hours a day of direct sunlight.
Indoors, they need at least 50-55degrees, but stop growing if lower than that.
They need humidity so place the pot on a saucer of moistened pebbles and mist-spray every now and then.
While they are actively growing, give them a good amount of water, allowing the top inch of soil to dry out between watering. (use your finger)
In the winter period, water less.
You can give them a tomato-type fertilizer (high potash) every two weeks during the spring-fall.