Hydrangea serrata without blooms

I have 2 hydrangea serrata Preziosa plants in my yard. I planted them in June 2001. They face south and get sunshine. The first two years they had pink flowers. They have not bloomed since then except several years ago, one plant had 1 flower. I have not cut the plants back in the fall for 4 - 5 years. Each spring there is new growth and the plants look very healthy with green leaves, but no flowers. What do I need to do to get them to bloom again?

Ramsey County Minnesota hydrangea no blooms horticulture

The problem is your hydrangeas are not hardy in our zone. They are listed as a Zone 6 plant, sometimes hardy in Zone 5 with protection. It probably blooms off old wood and the old wood dies in our area. I would remove them and get hydrangeas that are listed for Zone 4 or even Zone 3 (northern Minnesota). There are a lot of beautiful varieties. Just check your local full service garden center and read the labels. Here is information from Missouri Botanical Gardens on your plants: http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/PlantFinder/PlantFinderDetails.aspx?kempercode=z520